Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Fasting Is Fun?

I am hip deep in a Daniel fast. Three and a half days of no preservatives, artificial flavor, no sugars, no meats, nada. I am surviving on veggies, fruits, and natural foods. I am loving Trader Joes at this time. I found some veggie chips with flax seeds. Mmmm. Tastes "almost" like the real thing (Snicker, snicker). Oh Doritos, I miss you so. My church started doing this fast last year. Some people did it for a full 21 days! I did it 9 total, split into 3 weekends. My husband and I are hanging in for 11 this time. It is amazing how run down I felt yesterday. I had a sugar crash. It is amazing how FEW "pure" foods are even out there for the taking. Not much. No wonder people are living longer, we have been preserving our insides! My church is doing it in a corporate venture to see some prayers answered and purify our spirits as well as the physical body. And did I mention I am putting out more gas than the average AMPM? This is going to be interesting. Someone, could you please pass me the sea salt????

5 Comments:

Blogger LadyHAHA said...

You AND your husband are doing this diet?
I'm sure the house smells wonderful Gassy McGasserson.
hahahahahahaha!
Stick to it Girl! Lord knows I could never do it.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fasting does not sound fun at all! Glad you came over today! We need to put the pressure on Eugie for the zukes!!!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Miss-Informed said...

Oh yes!!!!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Fasting sounds like so little fun that, well...there's no chance in hell of me doing it. ;)

Steve~

10:58 AM  
Blogger Miss-Informed said...

I am on the last day, wooohooo! Steve Novak: It is good for your body though, so don't get me wrong. I am glad I did it in the long run.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home