Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year, Same Stuff...

Ringing in the new year hours early via satellite at my sisters pad was fairly lack luster. No champagne, no Martinelli's, no fantastic crudities. When the clock struck midnight in my time zone I was surrounded by a bushel of Goth looking teenagers ( why the skinny boys grow their hair long and they sport skinny squeeze jeans I will never know, I guess it proves how depressed they are not to care about their appearance that much!) I did get a smooch from my hubby and kisses from my two darlings. Still it is not what I would have preferred my "New Years" party to be. Ah well. I don't really take all that New Years mumbo jumbo too seriously anyways. Infact it is pretty comical. Some people really are dead serious regarding resolutions...on week 1. Check back in on week 3 and resolutions are generally out the door so to speak. Look at the way the media targets all of the resolution makers. Walmart advertises all these work out clothes and fitness balls...Give it till next week and back on the big "Rollback flyer" will be none other than Doritos and Pepsi and Twinkies and yoga pants will be replaced by lounge pants. Everyone knows how it goes with those resolutions. So my resolution is just to have a stinkin' good year. More vacations. Atleast one vacation with just my friends. No drama. And lounge pants. Comfy, cozy lounge pants.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home