Thursday, January 11, 2007

Jack Osbourne: Adrenaline Rush


I caught a marathon of this show on tv the other day and quickly found myself engrossed in a two hour viewing of Jack Osbourne, first son of the world’s most famous TV family on a mission. He never really caught much of my attention on his MTV show of his crazy family. I didn't care about his frumpy, pasty self at all really. Then the other day I was flipping channels and Wala! I was hooked. The premis of the show is he wants to take on one of the planet’s most extreme climbing challenges – El Capitan in Yosemite National Park. El Cap is a vertical kilometre of sheer rock in California’s Yosemite Valley - an extreme undertaking even by the standards of hardened professionals. There is a small snag in this plan - Jack is virtually a complete novice at climbing, unfit and about 56 lbs overweight. And trust me, upon seeing the mountain via cabel~ it is enormous!
He did some of the world’s most exciting and challenging outdoor sports. He jumped off Verdon Gorge in France – a sheer rock face of 1,000 ft to conquer his fear of falling. He ran with the bulls in Pamplona – literally be chased by wild bulls through the narrow streets of this Spanish town. He cave dived in Spain - swimming through underground flooded chambers to reach caverns in the ends of the earth. He also used ice axes and crampons to ice climb to an altitude of 12,000 ft in the Alps. It was amazing watching him literally transform his flabby self into a "cut", rock climbing machine! If you happen to get the chance to watch this show you should. It is really awesome to see these wild stunts done by JACK Osbourne. I felt proud of the kid.

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyHAHA said...

Good for him! I"m glad he channeled his energy into something more healthy and productive! For a while, I thought he was going to go down his father's route! I'm going to have to check that show out!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home