Saturday, August 26, 2006

And...I'm Spent

I know, I know! I remember the rules on blogger: Use it or loose it. SORRY! Promise I have not been in hiding. I have just been running ragged the past month. After Monterey we took our kids to Fort Bragg for 4 days. It was so much fun. We tried different restaurants daily, tried different beaches daily too! *** We DO NOT recommend the Denny's in that town whatsoever! It is totally grimy and disgusting. So are the waiters/waitresses. YUCK!
Anyway, the first night we got there it was still dusk so there was some light in the sky so we decided to head down to the wharf area and go to the first "beach" once you enter the town. It is not a clean beach but we decided to give it a shot being the light was fading FAST. We meandered around and decided it was time to head back to the car when lo and behold here come this group of interesting hippy looking people raking the sand in an area. I was not sure what they were doing but whatever, it is a free country. We are loading up our trunk when I look over and notice they are beginning to FIRE DANCE! It is so cool, amazing, beautiful! The girl is rockin' Aerosmith and swaying to the music while she spins fire in the most mystical way. Entrancing! Ofcourse we scramble back and find our own "patch" of sand to cobble squat on and enjoy the show. The two girls and man took turns performing. The man was Australian and he rocked it! We gave him a donation because we had to go and he did this AMAZING shaman dance for us. That consisted of dancing to tribal music and rolling the fire all over his body. He actually lit his own bald head on fire. Don't ask me how, but literally there were flames dancing on his head as he rolled the fire wand over it. Then it ended with him eating the flame. It was SO AMAZING! The rest of the trip was great. We put in some fantastic family time and will go back shortly I am sure. Now my daughter has started school and if you know me at all you would no I am not a morning person! So basically I do the duty of getting her up and to school on time but in the end it leaves me whiped all day long! I am adjusting...My son starts this Monday. Boohoo...sniff...sniff. Both of my babies away from their mama for 3 hours daily. Oh well, I will get some much needed time to myself. Lookout GYM, here I come!

4 Comments:

Blogger Some Random Girl said...

you must have gone to Denny's on a bad weekend because we always eat there and it's always been pretty good. although, i must say it has been about 1.5 years since we've been there.

you are funny. the first beach you get to as you enter town. which one was it? was it a state beach or some hard to get to place?

gym?? you should do the dam. get some blades and skate. we could skate together. hold hands. listen to the birds sing. LAAAA!

I am totally sup. to be doing chemistry right now but I"m lost and so here I am reading your blog entry. cool trip! that's awesome about the performers. I love Ft. Bragg. I've never seen that at any beach I've ever been to. You must have found an off the beaten path secret place! can't wait to see you!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Miss-Informed said...

I cannot wait to see YOU! The beach is right off the Warf. Haven't you been down by the Warf? The boats for fishing trips and whaling watching...anyhoo it is the beach off that. Yeah, Doug and Heather had an awful experience with the Denny's there as well. Apparently it has turned into a dive in the past year and a half. Hope I see you this week! Love to ya!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

well that sucks about denny's. no I haven't been to the beach by nOYO HARB0R BUT WE WILL HAVE OT CK IT OUT! I JUST HEARD ABOUT RON COFFMAN PASSING...WHAT A TOTAL DRAG! I LOVED HIM!

3:18 AM  
Blogger LadyHAHA said...

Okay, so now I'm thinking about incorporating a fire dance into my accordion routine.....
hahaha!
Sounds like you had a great time!!
glad to have you back to blogging though!!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home