Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Searching For The Bling...


The night slides were wicked cool! I am such a chicken but I had a great time. I think the "men" were happily surprised as well. We missed Miss Random Girl and her man. I know it would have been much funner with her there to make me laugh. One funny thing that happened was a girl named Heather was there with us and we all went out into the "wave" simulated pool they had there. All was cool once the waves started cranking up until it felt like we were being hammered in the head by them over and over again! This girl Heather is on the shorty side:) and was basically being drowned right before my eyes so of course I saved her. She clung to me like my little toddler clings to his mama! I was glad to help her out and in fact it was an upsetting situation. We decided to stick to the slides! I cannot wait to go back!
Lately I have been scouring every inch of my floor. Why? you ask. Simple. I looked down at my trusty left hand and SHOCK and HORROR my middle "rock" of a diamond fell outof my wedding ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in denial and HOPE I find it miraculously somehow... I just can't believe I lost it for good. I did so much laundry and dishes that day and even made a trip to my friendly Waly-mart. It is going to be expensive to replace it. I am bummed! I bid (stupidly) on a diamond on eBay...I won it for $1,067 dollars. The bad thing is :
A. Buying sight unseen, not a good idea
B. Who gets a 1.14 carat for that price?
C. It's in Israel?!!!
I think I am gonna have to buck up and take the bad mark against me cause I am not paying for it. Too much money to send to a DIFFERENT country on blind faith...

7 Comments:

Blogger LadyHAHA said...

I've done less than smart bidding on Ebay too. Does the seller have good marks? Well..actually..even if the seller did have good feedback I would still be wary of sending that much money.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Miss-Informed said...

There are mostly good marks but the ones saying the diamond was not as good as stated and the guys a liar stick out to me. Even if they are needles in the haystack. My husbands aunt has her jewelry wholesale license and is gonna take me in Sept. to a trusted seller at a jewelry show. I feel a lot better about it. I know I will pay more than the ebay deal but I also know I will be able to touch and see the diamond first hand. I think it's worth it...

11:40 AM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

go cubic zirconia like me, they look just like the real thing with a much lower price. I got mine at Pacific Design in Chico. Pete is awesome and can help hook you up! you don't need no stinkin' real blood diamond!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Miss-Informed said...

Blood diamond?..haha. Only you Miss Random Girl. No, I will be going with the real deal on this one. I do love your ring though, it's big and lovely:)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

why must it be the real deal? I have never really understood the preoccupation with diamonds. I liked them for a while but overall, they aren't the rarest gem on earth, in fact they are super plentiful but the governments have kept the rich who own the diamonds rich and they lie to us and tell us they are special....just wondering?

5:30 PM  
Blogger LadyHAHA said...

I agree with random girl. Cubic zic is the way to go! No one will know the dif! Open up the back of UsMagazine and they've got a website with beautiful rings. I think it is accessoryrow.com
I'm buying mine there...my old ring is kind of a family heirloom and I'm afraid to lose it.

OH and the whole point of this comment is to remind you: THE HILLS IS ON TONIGHT.

Since I know you're a fellow addict!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Cynnie said...

go with cubic ..it makes sense

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home