Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Grateful For The Little Things

Yesterday my son underwent the last step in his needed oral surgery. The first time was only rough at the last...but when it got bad it was REALLY BAD. They strapped him down on the "table" and he wore a gas mask. I was getting really upset and felt totally faint. I am squeamish. The sound, smell of the sterile room...the whole thing is too much for this mama. I took a friend but vowed next time my good ol' hubby would be there. It happened yesterday and OH MY GOODNESS it was by far worse than last time. My poor son cried and fought the entire time. It took like an hour and a half. Daddy stayed in the room and they asked me to leave because it was making it worse on the little guy. I am grateful I didn't have to stand in that room. I think I would have ripped my son up and tore outta there. I am especially grateful that the dentist put on white front caps on my little guy. It was an act of kindness. Afterwards I crawled in the backseat and little man fell asleep on my arm looking just like Angelina Jolie...his poor lips were soooo swollen. I am grateful we are through with all that...

On a lighter note, this Friday we are going with a group of adults to Water Slides. I CAN-NOT wait! It is gonna be such a blast! Adults behaving like giddy children sounds like a recipe for success! I just need to scout out some adult board shorts. No daisy dukes for this chicka chick! I wouldn't want to make anyone covet:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Some Random Girl said...

poor lil guy! i can just imagine you freaking out! you should have let me know, I'd have went with you!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Miss-Informed said...

You are a good friend. It was such an awful experience seriously! I am so glad it is over.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home