Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Simply Me...

Where I am at in my life:

A good place

Who I most want to be in life:

A good person

How close I am to achieving that goal?

Depends on the day and the mood;)

Where am I headed?

I am opening up my life to positive things. I have been constantly shifting position to find one that "fits" me.

What do I feel about my past?

I feel like every past lesson, trial, mistake has built character inside myself. The years of wrestling and struggling are necessary for EVERYONE to truly come to full potential. In some ways you have to become a survivor...sometimes of yourself, sometimes of others. Mainly the sufferings inbed a true appreciation for the good that eventually comes.

What have I learned about friendships?

I have learned you OWN nothing. Friends are literal gifts that enhance my life. I have no hold on them or they on me. I have learned that there is a reason for boundaries and I have learned the consequences of what happens when those lines get blurred. I have learned loyalty and privacy is a gift a true friend should always come with. I have learned no matter how long you know someone you must give them the space and acceptance for them to change. Why shouldn't we? We change. Time shifts and life experiences each are the very things that mold us. And everyones experiences are unique.

What have I learned about myself?


I have learned to fight my weaknesses. To come against the things in my personality that hinder me at times from being the person I want to be. Not to just accept them and shrug it off as part of my character. I believe purposeful resistance is the only way to change. I have learned I have a purpose and I do make a difference. I am learning to be kinder to myself.

What have I learned about love?

I have learned love is all encompassing. It shifts easily between you and your spouse, your children, your friends, your family, your God. Love is faithful. Love is kind. Love is healing. Love can be counted on. The kind of love I am talking about is the real deal, not just the bubble gum machine kind- that is the "generic, knock off" version. The "worlds" version of love will leave a bitter taste in your mouth and disappointment in your heart. But when you stumble across the real thing, pure and shining it is a beautiful thing to behold. Treasure love. Treat it gently and give all yourself up to it. Love never fails.

What I have learned about God...

I have learned He is everything. Much more than my Saviour, more than my Lord, He is my peace, the answer to all my questions, doubts and fears, He is the one that meets me at the end of every road I have went down, He is the one who lifts me up from every dark cave I have stumbled upon. He is my friend. He is my guidance, my motivational speaker, my councilor...He never makes me feel like an idiot, like a failure. Infact His word reminds me of the good in myself when it seems all has forgot. He holds my hand. He is the one thing that is final. And I have just begun to crack the vastness of His glory. He is effortlessly good and true. He is everything...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home