Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine Shmalintine

Every year on Valentines day, Mothers Day, our anniversary or my birthday I get these nasty little "expectations" that tend to grow as the date approaches. It results in shameless hinting and dropping ideas for gift cards galore. I inevitably would end up highly disappointed in my love of a spouse because just as he married someone who enjoys their significant other to shower them with gifts, I in turn married someone who is a last minute, who really cares? kind of shopper. Doesn't sound like the two mesh very well, huh? Yeah, I thought so too. This Valentines instead of trying to "retrain" my husband who is super giving and thoughtful in a lot more important ways anyway, I am focusing on changing myself. Because who can really change someone else anyway? No one, that is right and I sure don't want to be one of those wives trying to constantly "FIX" her husband. No thanks. I need my own fixing and I know damn well the only one in charge of fixing me is ME! So this year I am kinda planning the date and, BIG surprise! When the rubber meets the road, all I could come up with is a dinner and a movie. So original! We will have fun though because with two muffins under the age of 7 dinner and a movie dates don't come around too often! I am happy to spend yet another Valentines day with the man who really does meet my needs and with whom I dearly love!

1 Comments:

Blogger Some Random Girl said...

happy vday and thanks for my card! you are so sweet!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home