Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Still Small Voice...

I DESERVE TO BE HEARD

Last night my husband and I made love. This probably sounds usual and obvious to most, but to anyone who is married for multiple years with two kids under their belt might understand more. Simply stated, it doesn’t happen all the time. Not to say sex doesn’t often occur, because it does. I have no problem with doing that duty! But more often than not it is just that…SEX. There is a distinct difference between making love and sex. Both feel good and are enjoyable but one is mainly physical and the other awakens the spiritual, sacred places. It is a beautiful thing to behold. I felt precious and oh so loved beyond words. Feeling that connection with my husband makes me realize why I married him in the first place.
In life it is all to easy to get so side tracked on day to day business so you loose perspective on the truly important, irreplaceable, priceless treasures surrounding us. Loose sight of the things that really matter. Not the things that distract us from the truth. That is just that, a distraction.
Being married and having two kids can take a lot of work and dedication. Also it crushes a lot of false expectations and brings about so many unexpected blessings. It makes you feel out of control in many ways. Sometimes that alone makes me want to panic. It is a hard balance of learning how to maintain who you are inside with all the other titles you hold. Ahna the mother, Ahna the wife, Ahna the christian, Ahna the friend…and so the list goes. What about Ahna the person? There has to be a balance. It is necessary. Is it just me, or does anyone out there ever feel like gagging on the ordinary? I swear I wish just once the sky would part, the clouds would role back and magically the God of all creation would look down and say,” I see you Ahna. I SEE you. You are not alone and you are not just a minnow in the fish bowl of life. You have relevance and you are making a difference.” Well, who wouldn’t want to experience that, really? Ahh well, that is where faith steps in and you just have to trust and believe.
Make every day count, tell the ones nearest and dearest how much you love them. Life is what you make it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nihilistic said...

Someone is feeling deep today!

2:33 PM  
Blogger CP said...

You have inspired me to have sex with my husband.

Er, I mean, make love.

See you later. IF you hear screamin', it's just us! *L*

Thanks.
CP.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Miss-Informed said...

Nihilistic-"Shove me in the shallow water before I get too deep..."

*CP-Get down girl, go head get down! Do your thang...

9:36 AM  
Blogger LadyHAHA said...

OH jeesh, what a sugar coated post! I loved it and I totally get having "sex" and making "love." Sex occurs often and its great but "making love" is few and far between! (I feel like saying congratulations but its not like you graduated or anything! LOL!) and yes, I gag on the ordinary all the time! I guess that's why I blog, i can be myself, express myself and just be ME, uncensored.

Great post, and I agree with CP, I'm inspired to do have some marathon, Sting Tantra Like lovin with da man! hahahaha! See what you started??

2:49 PM  
Blogger Miss-Informed said...

Well, if I am a trend setter I would be proud to inspire this trend! Boom chicka boom boom!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I love it when eugie and I have a lovemaking session that ends with me in tears. the good kind of tears. not the frustration tears.

bown chika bown bown

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home