Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Weighty Issues

Miss Informed

IRVINE, Calif. — Tapping into the late-night market, Taco Bell said it is creating a new meal called the Fourthmeal.

According to a news release, Fourthmeal is the late night meal between dinner and breakfast. The program launches April 17 at participating Taco Bell restaurants nationwide and will be supported by a campaign that features television, radio and outdoor advertising, an interactive Web site at fourthmeal.com and in-store merchandising.

"Not so long ago, the term 'brunch' was coined for people who ate a late breakfast," said Bill Pearce, chief marketing officer of Taco Bell Corp.

The Fourthmeal launch is supported by three national TV spots produced by Foote, Cone & Belding.


ANYONE HEAR ABOUT THIS?

I saw the sign for the "fourth meal" as I was taking my daughter to school. I think it is just rediculous! Imagine encouraging an already obese America to go ahead, go for the 4th meal! Yeah, with extra sour cream and more of that delicious fatty ground...beef? Hmmm, what were they planning to do, up the daily calorie content to 3,000? Oh, and I forgot add a side of nachos bel grande with that, as well. No thanks! My advice, skip the fourth meal...

9 Comments:

Blogger Nihilistic said...

Tubbies love their forth and fifth meal!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

stop callin' me tubbie Niles!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Miss-Informed said...

Hey you two! You guy's are keeping me alive on this thing! Thanks for that.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

Awww..shucks. Thanks. You are doing a good job. I just tried to call you not too long ago.

You keep blogging. EVen if no one reads it. It's a good thing. The only thing I would change is putting what town you live in on here. I also would be careful about using your own name. After I had that psycho stalker it just makes sense to be more careful. You never know with crazy people!

you are doing a good job blogging.

12:16 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I always think of the Hobbits saying "What about Second Breakfast?" Taco Bell has created a meal for Hobbits in Fourth Meal! (hey, thanks for the link. I shall reciprocate shortly.)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Miss-Informed said...

SJ- I linked you all because of your hilarious" Oprah's Best Friend" Story & you had me at your " Fruit Dip "complaints. I had my sister read it when she was over and we cracked up over it. I still like fruit dip, although you made me question some things...

3:18 PM  
Blogger Miss-Informed said...

Thanks for the comment Snackie Poo, I tried to get on your page, but you don't have your blog posted for me to click on. I am new to all this, I am sure that there is a way...I am also glad to hear you aren't a random stalker. Comforting, very comforting...

11:02 AM  
Blogger LadyHAHA said...

oh jeesh, if I'm going to have the "fourth meal" it most certainly would not be Taco Bell..

...In and Out? Now you're talking!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Miss-Informed said...

In and Out is the way to go! I love their yummy cheese, oh so melty...mmmm, I gotta go-a juicy patties calling my name...

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home