Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Family Vacation



This weekend we went away to a nice sunny place and enjoyed some long overdo family time. It was relaxing and always entertaining! We went with my husbands family. Never a dull moment there! I was unsure at first of how it would all go because usually there is at least one dramatic family upset when they all get together. My man's family is full of highly opinionated, eccentric people with whom I love. I do not love the drama though. When I first married into the family all my husband and I ever argued about was his family, and trust me, that was enough to keep us busy the first year of marriage! The trouble was I worked with him and his mother prior, and for a while after the "union" so all the normal adjusting pains of mother & daughter-in-law's was amplified resulting into some major bad feelings towards each other. Luckily for all of us, these problems eventually subsided and I can honestly say I really love the woman lots. I am blessed by her. She can still do things that drive me nuts but my love for her softens it, and now I realize she isn't the all-bad monster I made her out to be in my mind. Even still, I was slightly concerned over the weekend plans because his step-dad is very loud and obnoxious at times! I know he has a good heart but he can be overbearing. He and my husbands sister have this love-hate relationship going on. Actually she has the same type of relationship with her own mother too. Instead of any family drama, there was just a lot of laughter and sun burns! It was a good weekend. I am lucky to have family on both sides I enjoy vacationing with! My kids loved it. My daughter swam like a fish without any swimmies this weekend making mom & dad "oh so proud"!

2 Comments:

Blogger Some Random Girl said...

Sounds like a great time. I'm looking forward to our camping trip with debra and darin and the aunt and uncle in July!

11:33 PM  
Blogger LadyHAHA said...

I'm glad the drama was on low and the fun factor was high! You never know when entire families get together! But it sounds like you're having a GREAT TIME!!!! :D

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home