Thursday, May 18, 2006

TRAGIC MEMORIES

So, the past few days I have been working on creating this video for my church. It consists of pictures flashing on the screen kind of like a slide show. The song its set to Praise You in the Storm. The song by itself is very touching, but a thought came to me that I could make this video using certain events that were impacting: September 11, Sri Lanka Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, and Soldiers in Iraq. It really turned out well, needless to say the day I spent researching pics online was so devastating to even see over a computer the mass devastation these events involved. Heartwrenching. What a tearful day. It gave me such a sense of compassion and desperation for these sufferers and survivors. It makes you realize that it truly is a small world after all, and no matter where you go human suffering, and pain and loss is the same in every language, every country,every ethnicity. Everyone grieves, everyone suffers. I just wanted to touch the faces of those crying, embrace those children in Sri Lanka lost and forlorn without their families. Hold the hands of the horrified people dealing with 9/11, and Hurricane Katrina. It makes me want to do more. Find ways to help these people. Bring comfort when there has been such loss. It is a eye opener, truly looking at the faces of such a tragedy. It is to easy to hear about these things on the news, feel sorry for these people but distance yourself so you don't do anything about it. Just go about your pretty, neat & tidy everyday lives. Not again, next time I am going to contribute some way, somehow. It won't sit right with me otherwise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I want to see the video! YOu should upload it to You Tube and then post it on your blog! Look at you go girl! You are gorgeous on the inside and out! I love you!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home